Sunday, November 27, 2016

Aloha

This blog is dedicated to Scuba diving and the adventures that can be had on and under the ocean.  Currently I am living on the island of Oahu in the beautiful state of Hawaii.  Thanks to this move I have re-discovered my love of scuba diving. 

Alan Buchanan and myself posing with
the Miss Budweiser prop.  I am holding
the prop.
I got certified in 1993 while attending the University of Idaho.  My first dives were in Lake Pend O'Relle in northern Idaho.  Talk about cold and dark.  Despite the chill of those first dives I was hooked.  I spent the next couple summers traveling to Seattle, WA to dive with my cousins at some amazing dive sites in Puget Sound.  I also had the opportunity to join the dive team for the Seafair hydroplane races on Lake Washington.  It was here that I joined my cousin Alan on a dive where we recovered the Miss Budweiser prop while diving on the 1992 wreckage.  Unfortunately life got in the way of hobby and I hung up the fins for quite a while.  Now, in Hawaii, I rediscovered my passion and am able to bring my son along.  He got certified this summer and is now my dive buddy as we explore Oahu from below the waves.
Me, my son and his instructors at Haleiwa. Yes I am
sporting an old U.S. Divers ABS "triple 30".

No comments:

Post a Comment